|2017 Leigh A. Genasevich Memorial Scholarship|
Who can enter?
Traditionally homeschool students who are:
Register now if you are not already a paying CHAP member and wish to apply for this scholarship.
How do I enter?
The following items are needed and should be ready before you complete the application:
1. CHAP Scholarship Application - Link Here (form available to signed in paying CHAP members only)
2. Upload a copy of your High School Transcript (this may be from a High School Program or from parent)
3. Upload your Christian Walk Essay - should articulate sound Christian faith with details impacting applicant (not to exceed one page – typed & double spaced)
4. Upload your Homeschool Experience Essay - should cite homeschool experiences that show opportunities, responsibilities, and/or accomplishments (not to exceed one page –typed & double spaced)
5. Upload your Summary of Plans for the Future Essay - should articulate goals and reasons for field of study (not to exceed one page – typed & double spaced)
6. & 7. Letters of recommendation are required from TWO non-family members. Please have individuals submit their letter directly to the CHAP office with the applicant's full name on the top of the letter. Or upload a copy of their letter with your application. Each letter should not exceed one page and should share any knowledge of the student's academic life, Christian life, and personal character.
Recommendation letters should be uploaded at Contact Us tab from CHAP website.
What are the scholarship amounts?
How will the scholarships be awarded?
The CHAP Scholarship will be awarded based on the following criteria:
1. Traditionally homeschooled
4. Christian testimony
6. A student who has not already received a CHAP scholarship and is a paying member of CHAP.
7. All essays will be graded on grammar, spelling, and punctuation, and they should have an inviting introduction and a strong conclusion.
When will the winners be announced?
The winners will be announced during a special ceremony on June 3, 2017 at 12:30pm at the CHAP Convention.
Is there a fee to enter?
No fee. Participation in this contest is open to all paying members of CHAP. If you have not joined yet please register now.
When can I enter?
Applications must be RECEIVED no later than April 21st, 2017. No exceptions!
We encourage you to take a few minutes and read the article about Leigh A. Genasevich, her commitment to homeschooling, and the Godly legacy she left behind. It was first printed in the 2014 Spring CHAP Magazine. You may download this article information by clicking here.